Yes, while the parachute is super fun and playful it is a purposeful activity included in many preschool and junior dance and movement programs. It offers extensive and exciting benefits to young children.
- Strengthens and tone the torso and upper body;
- develops a sense of rhythm;
- teaches students how to move as a group.
- Encourages cooperation and teamwork among children;
- an inclusive, non - competitive activity suited to all abilities;
- reinforces values of sharing and taking turns;
- promotes social interaction and engagement.
- refines perceptual awareness;
- teaches the ability to listen and follow directions;
- promotes language development;
- channels creative energy,
- boosts concentration, focus and sustained attention.
Let kids be children. Go have fun shaking a parachute at dancing, in the park or at kindy.